Every dollar matters
Your tax-deductible donation to Wichita WIN will help make a difference in the lives of women survivors of domestic abuse and their children. Through your support of our unique, holistic program of emotional support and job-readiness training, you will help break the cycle of domestic abuse by empowering these women to become financially and emotionally independent, rather than depending on their abuser for support.
If you’d like more information about options for cash donations, estate giving or in-kind gifts of needed items, call us at 316-262-3960.
Did You Know…
Intimate partner violence – also called domestic violence, battering or spouse abuse – is violence committed by a spouse, ex-spouse or current or former boyfriend or girlfriend. It can occur among heterosexual or same-sex couples and is often a repeated offense.
- Domestic violence is a serious problem that has lasting harmful effects on individuals, families and communities.
- Domestic violence results in physical injury, psychological trauma and sometimes death.
- Abused women experience more physical health problems and have a higher occurrence of depression, substance abuse and suicide attempts than do women who are not abused.
- The increased annual health care costs for victims of domestic violence can persist as much as 15 years after the cessation of abuse.
- Women who experience severe aggression by men are more likely to have been unemployed in the past, have health problems and be receiving public assistance.