Wichita Women’s Initiative Network (WIN)
Application for participants
Requirements for the WIN Program
- Must have been in an intimate-partner abusive relationship within the past six (6) months at the time of application and have ended that relationship.
- Must be AT LEAST 21 years old.
- Must have safe and stable housing.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must have access to safe, reliable, and appropriate childcare.
- Must be committed to working with a case manager to set goals that will lead to financial independence.
- Must be willing to work on identifying and establishing healthy relationship patterns through participation in support groups, individual therapy, and life skills classes.
- Must be able to follow the program-participant schedule of Monday through Friday, 9:30am-2:00pm.
- Must be committed to participating in community internships and working with an employment mentor/coach to increase employability and establish a healthy work ethic.
- If a history of substance abuse, must be sober and in recovery for at least six (6) months prior to applying to the program, and actively involved in a substance abuse treatment program, or working a relapse prevention plan.